SEXUAL MISCONDUCT AND MOLESTATION LIABILITY
THE GREATEST EMPLOYEE SCREENING PRACTICES AREN’T FAIL PROOF.
And neither are supervisory best practices employed by many organizations today. There’s nothing more tragic than the sexual misconduct headlines we see daily. Illicit acts pose major safety challenges and liability concerns for organizations of all sizes. Defending allegations, even if untrue, can be difficult, protracted and expensive. But Sexual Misconduct and Molestation Liability insurance – often referred to as Sexual Molestation Liability or SML coverage — can be tough to find. Often General Liability (GL) carriers are reluctant to write it, and if they do, sub-limit the coverage to $100,000 or less. To meet the demand for better coverage, Business Risk Partners offers an insurance product with comprehensive risk management for all types of organizations particularly those entrusted with the care of minors and vulnerable adults.
Available in all 50 states on a surplus lines basis and backed by an A.M. Best A rated carrier, BRP’s policy covers up to $5 million limit with a minimum premium starting at $5,000. In certain circumstances, the starting premium can be as low as $3,500 when the insured, for example, a contractor, has no direct contact with children. Prevention & Crisis Response services are part of every primary policy. BRP also has the ability to consider a mono-line policy with up to $5 million in limits as well as excess and excess over GL sub-limits. Other details are as follows:
- Wrongful Act includes cover for negligent employment, supervision or training
- Defense expenses includes costs to attend trial
- Broad definition of employee including volunteers and independent contractors
- Administrative & Civil proceeding coverage
- Non-cancelable except for non payment
Available for primary policies only:
- Deductible credit for prompt reporting
- 24/7 Prevention & Crisis Response services included with payment of premium.
- Preventative services provided in the event of a reported circumstance with no retention
- Unlimited access to online safety training modules and best practices procedures
PLEASE NOTE: This list is solely intended to be a summary of policy coverage. Please reference the actual policy for specific terms and conditions. The policy supersedes all representations made above.
We welcome submissions from all organizations including those most at risk that are involved with minors and vulnerable adults. Key markets include: